Mya M. Hatchette
Mya Hatchette is a shareholder in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation department, where she serves as Co-chair. In addition, she is a Supreme Court Certified Circuit and County Court Mediator.
She concentrates her practice in real estate, business, and health care litigation and mediation involving complex contract disputes, health care compliance issues, foreclosures, landlord tenant matters, real estate title claims, and construction litigation across Central Florida.
Responsible for overseeing clients’ compliance with controlling rules and regulations, Mya has extensive experience representing business owners, shareholders, physician groups and facilities, national retail tenants, property owners, developers, contractors, financial institutions, and insurance companies in complex litigation matters across the state of Florida.
She served on the board for the Seminole County Planning and Zoning Commission. She is also an active Florida licensed real estate broker, a Past President for the Orlando Chapter of Commercial Real Estate for Women (CREW) and a member of the state and local bar associations.
Mya received her B.S. and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Georgetown University in 1997, and her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Miami Law School in 2000. She is a frequent lecturer on various legal topics concerning real estate including construction lien law, mortgage fraud, real property litigation and landlord/tenant law.
- University of Miami School of Law (cum laude, 2000)
- Georgetown University (summa cum laude, 1997)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit and County Court Mediator
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- Orange County Bar Association
- Recruiting and Industry Team, WHWW
- Florida licensed real estate broker
- 2014 CREW Outstanding Achievement Award
- 2012 CREW President’s Award
- 2011 CREW President’s Award
- Lecturer on mortgage fraud, real property litigation and landlord tenant law
- Zoning and Planning Commission: Seminole County, Florida 2016-2017
- Member, Florida Land Title Association (FLTA) Insurance Roundtable
- Circuit Advisory Team, Attorneys Title Fund Services 2014-2015
- Board Member, Winter Park YMCA 2015-Present
- Past President, Central Florida Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) 2013
- C-Suite Crew Mentorship Program 2013
- National Delegate, Central Florida Chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) 2012
- Former Board Member, Bridges of Light Foundation
- The Florida Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida