Heather S. Moraes
Heather S. Moraes is of counsel in the real estate group of Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman. She represents both regional and national clients in all aspects of commercial real estate, with a focus on commercial development, acquisitions, and leasing, including ground leasing. She also advises on 1031 exchanges and routinely counsels on matters related to title, survey and other due diligence of commercial property. Heather structures reciprocal easement agreements and other covenants and restrictions for the development of commercial property.
Heather is a member of The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section. She is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). She has received the “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell and was selected as a “Florida Rising Star” in real estate, business, and corporate law in 2010 by Super Lawyers, Thompson Reuters. Heather is a proud alumni of Leadership Winter Park, Class XXIX.
She has authored numerous articles in the area of real estate and corporate law, some of which have been selected for national publications. She has also spoken to several trade and other organizations on areas of interest in commercial real estate.
Heather received a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (2005)
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (1999)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- International Counsel of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Alumni, Leadership Winter Park, Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Class XXIX
Professional Recognitions and Awards
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorney’s Council (CFREAC), Member, Board of Director
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- “Florida Rising Star” in real estate, business and corporate law, 2010 by Super Lawyers, Thompson Reuters
Publications and Presentations
- CLE Presenter, “Retail Lease Workouts”, Central Florida Real Estate Attorney’s Council (CFREAC), December, 2020
- Moderator, “Show Me the Money,” CREW luncheon, July, 2015
- Speaker, “Premises Liability,” Apartment Association of Greater Orlando, June, 2015
- Author, “Derivative Equitable Subrogation and the Implications of Joondeph v. Hicks,” BNA Real Estate Law and Industry Report, May 3, 2011
- Author, “Tenants Show Trend Toward Green Office Buildings,” Jacksonville Business Journal, December, 2010
- Co-Author, “Proposed FSMA Rules Aim to Even Playing Field Between Domestic and Foreign Food Suppliers,” Food Safety Magazine, October 15, 2013
- Speaker, “Incentives and Credits of Green Design and Green Building,” Fashion Group International, November 2010
- Florida Bar, 2005