Heather S. Moraes
Heather S. Moraes is a shareholder in the real estate group of Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman. She represents both regional and national clients in all aspects of commercial real estate, with a focus on commercial leasing and development. Heather routinely negotiates leases on behalf of owners for big box retail, ground leases and triple net spaces. Heather structures and negotiates declarations, easements and other covenants and restrictions for the development and benefit of commercial property. She also counsels her clients on matters relating to acquisitions and sales, title, survey and other due diligence of commercial property. Additionally, Heather frequently drafts and negotiates development agreements, project management agreements and construction contracts, including AIA construction contracts.
Heather is a member of The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section. She is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). She has received the “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell and was selected as a “Florida Rising Star” in real estate, business, and corporate law in 2010 by Super Lawyers, Thompson Reuters. Heather is a proud alumni of Leadership Winter Park, Class XXIX.
She has authored numerous articles in the area of real estate and corporate law, some of which have been selected for national publications. She has also spoken to several trade and other organizations on areas of interest in commercial real estate.
Heather received a J.D. degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (2005)
- University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse (1999)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorney’s Council (CFREAC), Member, Board of Directors
- International Counsel of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Alumni, Leadership Winter Park, Winter Park Chamber of Commerce, Class XXIX
Professional Recognitions and Awards
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- “Florida Rising Star” in real estate, business and corporate law, 2010 by Super Lawyers, Thompson Reuters
Publications and Presentations
- CLE Presenter, “Retail Lease Workouts”, Central Florida Real Estate Attorney’s Council (CFREAC), December, 2020
- Moderator, “Show Me the Money,” CREW luncheon, July, 2015
- Speaker, “Premises Liability,” Apartment Association of Greater Orlando, June, 2015
- Author, “Derivative Equitable Subrogation and the Implications of Joondeph v. Hicks,” BNA Real Estate Law and Industry Report, May 3, 2011
- Author, “Tenants Show Trend Toward Green Office Buildings,” Jacksonville Business Journal, December, 2010
- Co-Author, “Proposed FSMA Rules Aim to Even Playing Field Between Domestic and Foreign Food Suppliers,” Food Safety Magazine, October 15, 2013
- Speaker, “Incentives and Credits of Green Design and Green Building,” Fashion Group International, November 2010
- Florida Bar, 2005