Nicole Latham Carolan
Nicole (“Nikki”) Latham Carolan is a shareholder in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s real estate department. Nikki practices mainly in the areas of commercial real estate, land use and development, government, and commercial real estate litigation.
Nikki regularly represents land owners and developers, and is responsible for overseeing the purchase, sale, financing and development of multi-million dollar commercial real estate land developments, which typically involve complex zoning, permitting, and other land use and entitlement related issues. Nikki has extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial leases, declarations, covenants, development orders, development agreements, easements and other land restrictions for commercial and multi-family projects. Nikki has also managed complex commercial real estate litigation cases for institutional clients.
Nikki did exceptionally well in law school, where she graduated with high honors in 2006 and received the Order of the Coif. While a student at the University of Florida College of Law, she was a Teaching Assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy (2004-2005). She received Book Awards in Legal Research and Writing and Legal Drafting. She was also a member of the University of Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy (2004-2006).
She is an active member of CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Orlando, a local chapter of CREW Network, and currently serves as President of CREW Orlando.
- University of Florida College of Law (magna cum laude, 2006)
- University of Florida (magna cum laude, 2002)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- Recruiting and Marketing Teams, WHWW
- CREW Orlando, Co-Chair of Membership, Sponsorship and Finance Committees (2015)
- CREW Orlando Board of Directors – Director-at-Large (2016)
- CREW Orlando Board of Directors – Director of Member Services (2017)
- CREW Orlando Board of Directors – Secretary (2018)
- CREW Orlando Board of Directors – President-Elect (2019)
- CREW Orlando Board of Directors – President (2020)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Real Estate (2019, 2020)
- Orlando Magazine Best Lawyers (2019, 2020)
- Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in the practice area of Real Estate: Business (2020)
- 2015 CREW Orlando “Committee Member of the Year” Award
- 2016 CREW Orlando “President’s Award”
- 2019 CREW Orlando “Networking Deal of the Year” Award
- The Florida Bar, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida