Michael P. Carolan
Firm shareholder, Michael P. Carolan is the chair of the real estate department of Winderweedle, Haines, Ward and Woodman, P.A., and Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar.
Mike’s practice involves representing lenders and borrowers in a wide range of commercial financial transactions, including real estate secured financing, workouts, and restructurings for commercial banks, life insurance companies and other lenders. Mike’s practice also involves representing buyers and sellers in all aspects of the purchase and sale of real property; representing landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing; and assisting business owners with ongoing business affairs including entity formation and related agreements for corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
Prior to joining WHWW, Mike worked as a financial analyst for a boutique investment bank assisting companies in a broad range of industries in merger and capital markets transactions. He draws on this practical business experience in representing and counseling clients.
- Duke University (2002)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (cum laude, 2007)
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Board Certified in Real Estate Law, The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, and Environmental and Land Use Law Section, The Florida Bar
Recognition and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Real Estate (2018-2023)
- The Best Lawyers in America© in the practice area of Banking and Finance Law (2023)
- Florida Super Lawyers "Rising Star" (2019, 2020)
- Orlando Magazine Best Lawyers
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- 2017 Chairman of the Year (Finance Committee), Winter Park Chamber of Commerce
Community Activities and Positions Held
- Treasurer, Winter Park Chamber of Commerce (2017-2018)
- Chair of Board of Directors, Winter Park Chamber of Commerce (2020)
- Florida Bar 2008