Michael C. Caborn
Michael C. Caborn is a shareholder in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation department. He practices primarily in the areas of business litigation involving contract disputes, bankruptcy, creditors rights and collections, foreclosure litigation, real property and receiverships.
Michael has a great deal of experience litigating disputes across Florida on behalf of financial institutions, servicers, businesses and individuals. He also handles bankruptcy disputes and appeals statewide.
Michael received his B.A. from the University of Florida in 1995, and his J.D. from the University of Florida in 1998. He has lectured in the areas of foreclosure, collection, compliance with consumer protection statutes and regulations, and ethics. He currently serves as a board member and general counsel for not-for-profit company Operation American Dream, Inc., which funds scholarships for the children of U.S. military, law enforcement, and fire rescue personnel who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (1998)
- University of Florida (1995)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Past Committee Chair, Young Lawyers’ Section of the Orange County Bar Association
- Attorney Ad Litem
- Lecturer on foreclosure, foreclosure, collection, compliance with consumer protection statutes
and regulations, and ethics
- Board member and general counsel for Operation American Dream, Inc.
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
• The Cadle Company v. McCartha, 920 So. 2d 144 (Fla. 5th DCA 2006)
• In re Valerie Ann Martin, 497 B.R. 349, (Bankr. M.D. Fla. 2013)(Williamson, J.)