C. Andrew Roy
C. Andrew Roy is a shareholder with Winderweedle, Haines, Ward and Woodman’s litigation and corporate departments, with a focus on helping businesses, including startups and small/medium-sized businesses as their outside general counsel. As general outside counsel, he is committed to solving problems both before and after they happen. Andrew also focuses on bankruptcy, creditor’s rights and collection, state and federal appeals, and corporate transactions and restructuring.
Andrew was born in Orlando and grew up in Lake Mary where he attended Lake Mary High School. He received a Bachelor of Music in French Horn and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/Biochemistry from the University of Florida. After graduating, he also received a Master of Science in Management from the University of Florida and was elected to the Society of Beta Gamma Sigma. Andrew plays French Horn and piano as a hobby.
Andrew attended the University of Florida Levin College of Law where he served as President of the Florida Moot Court Team and the Corporate Securities Litigation Group. He competed in several appellate competitions and was awarded honors such as best oralist in the Tang Moot Court Competition, Miami Region and best brief in the ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Boston Region. He graduated cum laude from the Levin College of Law and was inducted into the University of Florida’s chapters of the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barristers.
After clerking with Winderweedle for two summers in 2009 and 2010, he joined the firm in 2011.
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law (J.D. cum laude, 2011)
- University of Florida, Warrington College of Business (M.S., 2008)
- University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences & College of Fine Arts (B.S. & B.M., cum laude 2011)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, since 2011
- President-Elect, 2018-2019
- Treasurer, 2017-2018
- Chairperson – multiple years
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- President, 2015
- Vice President, 2014
- Secretary, 2013
- Annual Case Law Update Co-Presenter, 2012-Present
- Orange County Bar Association, The Briefs, Associate Editor, 2016-Present
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Executive Council, 2014-2015
- Bankruptcy Case Law Update and View from the Bench, Co-Editor, 2012-Present
- Florida Blue Key, Tapped 2010
- American Bar Association Law Day Award for Best Student Program, 2016-2017
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2014-2017
- Bankruptcy Law Educational Series Foundation (501(c)(3))– Exec. Director, 2014-Present
- M.D. Fla. Bankruptcy Pro Se Assistance Clinic, Co-Organizer and Volunteer
- St. Luke’s Cathedral, Orlando, Member, Usher, and Chalice Bearer
- The Florida Bar, 2011
- Middle District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
- Southern District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
- Northern District of Florida (and Bankruptcy Court)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit