Lauren Reynolds is an associate in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation and bankruptcy departments. Her bankruptcy practice is focused on representing creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 cases and on representing Chapter 7 Trustees in complex Chapter 7 cases. Her litigation practice involves real property and commercial litigation, title defects, health care disputes, arbitrations, and appeals.
Lauren has also handled numerous contested foreclosures and has defended clients against claims brought under state and federal banking and consumer protection statutes, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, among others.
In her bankruptcy and litigation practice, Lauren has represented numerous industry groups, including credit unions, banks, loan servicers, other financial institutions, landlords, hospitals, healthcare systems, and business and property owners.
Lauren is a native of Orlando and graduated from Boone High School. She received a Bachelor of Arts in American Studies from Barnard College in New York.
Lauren earned her J.D. from the Florida State University College of Law. She was inducted into the Order of the Coif and received book awards for the highest grade in Bankruptcy, Constitutional Law 2, Consumer Law, Environmental Law, and Legal Writing and Research I. Lauren was also the Managing Editor of the FSU Law Review.
She is an active member of the Orange County Bar Association and the Central Florida community.
- Florida State University College of Law (magna cum laude, 2014)
- Barnard College (cum laude, 2009)
- 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in the areas of:
- Commercial Litigation;
- Health Care Law;
- Litigation – Banking and Finance;
- Litigation – Bankruptcy.
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Board Member
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorneys’ Council Member
- ATHENA Orlando Women’s Leadership, Inc., Director of Alumni Relations & Engagement
- City of Orlando Vehicle for Hire Appeal Board Member, 2016-2020
- Junior Achievement Leadership Council Member, 2018-2020
- ATHENA NextGen Class of 2016
- The Florida Bar, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida