Lauren Reynolds is an associate in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation department. Lauren’s practice is focused on real property litigation, business litigation, and appeals. Her litigation practice encompasses a wide range of disputes, including title litigation, quiet title actions, foreclosures, and contract disputes. Her appellate practice encompasses both state-court appeals and federal appeals from bankruptcy court through the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lauren also has experience representing credit unions, servicers, banks, and other financial institutions in litigation with consumers. Lauren has handled numerous contested residential foreclosures, defended against claims brought under state and federal banking and consumer protection statutes, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Lauren is a native of Orlando and graduated from Boone High School. She received a Bachelor of Arts in American Studies from Barnard College in New York.
Lauren then received her J.D. from the Florida State University College of Law. She was inducted into the Order of the Coif and received book awards for the highest grade in Bankruptcy, Constitutional Law 2, Consumer Law, Environmental Law, and Legal Writing and Research I. Lauren was also the Managing Editor of the Law Review, a member of the Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law and the Business Review, and a student member of the First District Appellate American Inn of Court.
She is an active member of the local bar association and the Central Florida community.
- Florida State University College of Law (magna cum laude, 2014)
- Barnard College (cum laude, 2009)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Member
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorneys’ Council Member
- City of Orlando Vehicle for Hire Appeal Board Member, 2016-present
- Junior Achievement Leadership Council Member, 2018-present
- ATHENA NextGen Class of 2016
- The Florida Bar, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida