Lauren Reynolds is an associate in Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation department. An experienced litigator, Lauren’s practice is focused on real property, business, bankruptcy, and creditor’s rights matters. Her practice includes title claims and quiet title actions, foreclosures, contract disputes, landlord-tenant matters, federal and state-court appeals, and representation of creditors and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings.
Lauren has experience representing mortgage servicers, banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions in litigation with consumers. Lauren has handled numerous contested residential foreclosures, defended against claims brought under state and federal banking and consumer protection statutes, such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, the Truth in Lending Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and assisted in appeals from bankruptcy court through the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lauren is a native of Orlando and graduated from Boone High School. She received a Bachelor of Arts in American Studies from Barnard College in New York.
Lauren then received her J.D. from the Florida State University College of Law. She was inducted into the Order of the Coif and received book awards for the highest grade in Bankruptcy, Constitutional Law 2, Consumer Law, Environmental Law, and Legal Writing and Research I. Lauren was also the Managing Editor of the Law Review, a member of the Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law and the Business Review, and a student member of the First District Appellate American Inn of Court.
- Florida State University College of Law (magna cum laude, 2014)
- Barnard College (cum laude, 2009)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Orange County Bar Association
- City of Orlando Vehicle for Hire Appeal Board Member, 2016-present
- Junior Achievement Leadership Council Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Member
- Athena NextGen Member, Class of 2016
- Central Florida Real Estate Attorneys’ Council Member
- The Florida Bar, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida