Ryan E. Davis
Ryan Davis is a shareholder with WHWW and serves as chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights Department. He is a certified Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification. Ryan is also a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator.
Ryan concentrates his practice around Chapter 11 reorganizations and complex Chapter 7 liquidations. As lead counsel, he has represented national and regional lenders, commercial landlords, corporate debtors, fiduciaries, trustees, trade creditors, asset purchasers, and other interested parties in bankruptcy cases throughout the State of Florida. Ryan also has substantial experience representing defendants in complex avoidance actions. The depth and diversity of his practice allow a thorough understanding of the nuances and perspectives of all sides of a case. Ryan leverages his significant courtroom experience and thorough preparation to obtain favorable resolutions for his clients, but is always ready to proceed to trial, if necessary.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Ryan handles commercial litigation matters, typically involving creditors’ rights, including commercial foreclosures, real estate disputes, construction lien foreclosures, and contract disputes.
As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator, Ryan is available to handle mediations, in commercial litigation or bankruptcy matters.Ryan was awarded Best Lawyers 2023 Litigation-Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” for Orlando, Florida. He has also been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as “Florida’s Legal Elite,” by Florida Super Lawyers, by Orlando Magazine as “Orlando’s Best Lawyers,” and by Orlando Home & Leisure as “Orlando’s Top Lawyers.” He is A.V. Preeminent rated by his peers in Martindale-Hubbell.
A native of Orlando, Ryan attended Lake Highland Preparatory School, where he graduated as valedictorian. As a recipient of a full tuition Dean’s Honor Scholarship, Ryan attended Tulane University and graduated, cum laude, after majoring in economics. He earned his J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida. During law school, he received the trial practice book award.
- Tulane University (B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- University of Florida, College of Law (J.D, with honors, 1999)
Professional Certifications and Distinctions
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Mediator
- Best Lawyers 2023 Litigation-Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” Award for Orlando
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2014-2018
- Superlawyers, 2015-2018
- Lawrence G. Mathews, Jr., Young Lawyers Professionalism Award, 2012
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Leadership Academy, 2014.
Community and Bar Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Past President
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Past President
- Adult Literacy League, Past President
- The Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Member 2015-2018; Chair, 2018
- District Wide Steering Committee, Bankruptcy Court, M.D. of Florida, member 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- The Florida Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida