Ryan E. Davis
Ryan Davis is a shareholder with WHWW and serves as chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights Department. He is a certified Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification.
Ryan concentrates his practice around Chapter 11 reorganizations and complex Chapter 7 liquidations. As lead counsel, he has represented national and regional lenders, commercial landlords, corporate debtors, fiduciaries, trustees, trade creditors, asset purchasers, and other interested parties in bankruptcy cases throughout the State of Florida. Ryan also has substantial experience representing defendants in complex avoidance actions. The depth and diversity of his practice allow a thorough understanding of the nuances and perspectives of all sides of a case. Ryan leverages his significant courtroom experience and thorough preparation to obtain favorable resolutions for his clients, but is always ready to proceed to trial, if necessary.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Ryan handles commercial litigation matters, typically involving creditors’ rights, including commercial foreclosures, real estate disputes, construction lien foreclosures, and contract disputes.
Ryan is a past President of the Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association and a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. He has lectured on a variety of bankruptcy topics and is admitted to practice in the state courts of Florida, and all districts of the federal courts in Florida.
Ryan is an active member of the Orange County Bar Association and a past President of the Young Lawyers Section. In 2012, he received the Lawrence G. Matthews, Jr., Young Lawyers Professionalism Award.
A native of Orlando, Ryan attended Lake Highland Preparatory School, where he graduated as valedictorian. As a recipient of a full tuition Dean’s Honor Scholarship, Ryan attended Tulane University and graduated, cum laude, after majoring in economics. He earned his J.D., with honors, from the University of Florida. During law school, he received the trial practice book award.
He has been recognized by Florida Trend Magazine as “Florida’s Legal Elite,” by Florida Super Lawyers, by Orlando Magazine as “Orlando’s Best Lawyers,” and by Orlando Home & Leisure as “Orlando’s Top Lawyers.” He is A.V. Preeminent rated by his peers in Martindale-Hubbell.
- Tulane University (B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- University of Florida, College of Law (J.D, with honors, 1999)
Professional Certifications and Distinctions
- Business Bankruptcy Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2014-2018
- Superlawyers, 2015-2018
- Lawrence G. Mathews, Jr., Young Lawyers Professionalism Award, 2012
- Fellow of the Florida Bar Leadership Academy, 2014
Community and Bar Activities
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Past President
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, Past President
- Adult Literacy League, Past President
- The Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Member 2015-2018; Chair, 2018
- District Wide Steering Committee, Bankruptcy Court, M.D. of Florida, member 2017,
2018, and 2019.
- The Florida Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida