Brandon DeGel is an associate with Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman’s litigation department. Brandon concentrates his practice primarily in real estate litigation, with a focus on complex contract disputes, title claims, quiet title actions, construction litigation, mortgage and lien foreclosures, and commercial landlord-tenant matters. Brandon also maintains a general business litigation practice in which he represents financial institutions, business owners, healthcare companies, and insurance companies in litigation matters in Florida state courts and federal court.
Brandon earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2013, where he received the book award for receiving the highest grade in Legal Research and Writing. He has been recognized as a Florida “Rising Star” in commercial litigation for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Brandon is married to Summer DeGel, and they have one daughter. They are parishioners at St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Winter Park, FL. Brandon supports various charitable organizations in the central Florida community, and he currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Key Initiative Young Professionals Committee for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law (magna cum laude, 2013)
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida (cum laude, 2010)
- B.A., Religion, University of Florida (cum laude, 2010)
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association and Young Lawyer Section
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Key Initiative Young Professionals Committee for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Florida, Secretary (2019), Vice Chair (2020)
- 28th Annual OCBA-YLS Golf Tournament, Vice Chair (2019)
- The Florida Bar, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida