Jamie M. Blucher
Jamie has an all-encompassing, creditor centered practice. As a bankruptcy attorney, Jamie focuses on representing creditors and trustees in bankruptcy cases, adversary proceedings and appeals. Her representative cases include everything from routine disputes in Chapter 7 asset cases to complex Chapter 11 Debtor filings. She has worked on several appeals to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jamie also routinely represents mortgage lending and servicing institutions in residential foreclosure proceedings, and is well-versed in defending such institutions against allegations of wrongful foreclosure, fair debt collection practice violations, and predatory lending. She has a track record of prompt resolution of complicated mortgage matters. She is knowledgeable about the internal workings of lending and servicing institutions and the regulatory requirements they deal with. She works closely with lending and servicing clients to formulate creative, cost-and-time effective solutions to all of their problems, from loss mitigation to bankruptcy and beyond.
In addition to her residential mortgage and bankruptcy work, Jamie also represents corporate clients in general commercial litigation. Jamie’s representative cases in this area include business debt collection, commercial foreclosures and workouts, construction contract and defect disputes, and general breach of contract actions.
She is also committed to dedicating a portion of her time to pro bono work, specifically abused and neglected children. Jamie has received a Pro Bono Award of Excellence from the Orange County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, and was awarded a New Lawyer Award of Excellence from the Legal Aid Society of the OCBA in recognition of her pro bono work. Jamie is currently serving on the Board of Trustees for the Legal Aid Society.
- Barry University School of Law (valedictorian, 2008)
- Stetson University (B.A., 2001)
- Orange County Bar Association, Member of the Young Lawyers Section
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee-9B
- Legal Aid Society, Board of Trustees
- Pro Bon Award of Excellence, Orange County Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, 2013
- New Lawyer Award of Excellence, Legal Aid Society of the OCBA, 2014
- The Florida Bar, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Appellate Court, 11th Circuit