Allison E. Turnbull
Allison E. Turnbull is a shareholder with Winderweedle, Haines, Ward & Woodman. Allison practices in the areas of land use and development, real estate, and related matters, recently serving as lead land use and government relations counsel on the I-4 Ultimate project, a major public/private transportation partnership redeveloping and expanding Interstate 4.
Her extensive experience includes the procurement and retention of land use entitlements, including zoning, comprehensive plans, concurrency, infrastructure finance and development, developments of regional impact (DRIs), procurement issues, due diligence and property rights. Allison regularly represents clients in matters that involve urban high-rise complexes, hotel and resort properties, industrial power logistics centers, office buildings, single-family home and multifamily apartment developments, master planned communities, retail power centers and major transportation projects. She also has substantial lobbying and government relations experience at both the state and federal levels.
Allison holds her J.D. from Florida State University College of Law and her B.S., cum laude, in Economics from Florida State University. She is a member of The Florida Bar, Association of Florida Community Developers, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Urban Land Institute (ULI) and the Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA).
Her numerous awards and honors include being recognized in the Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law “Expert Guides”, as well as in the Guide to the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers “Expert Guides”. Other honors include being named to the Orlando Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” list; Orlando Home and Leisure magazine’s Orlando’s “Top Women Lawyers”; Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite Up & Comer”; and Florida Super Lawyers magazine’s “Rising Stars”. Allison is also listed among the preeminent lawyers in the state by The Best Lawyers in America® for Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law and Government Relations Practice and she holds an “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale Hubbell.
She is also very active in the community, currently serving on the Orlando Economic Partnership Investor Relations Committee, Past Member, Board of Directors of the Central Florida Metro Orlando YMCA, Past Member, Board of Directors, After School All Stars, and Past Member, Board of Directors, PACE Center for Girls.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Florida State University B.S., Economics, cum laude, 1998
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Orlando Economic Partnership, Investor Relations Committee
- Association of Florida Community Developers
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Home Builders Association of Metro Orlando
- Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA)
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Land Use & Zoning Law, Real Estate Law, Government Relations Practice, Real Estate Litigation, (2010-2020)
- Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law,Legal Media Group's "Expert Guides," (2014, 2015)
- Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers,Legal Media Group's "Expert Guides" (2015)
- Orlando Business Journal,"40 Under 40," (2015)
- Orlando Home and Leisure, Orlando's "Top Women Lawyers," (2012)
- Florida Trend, "Legal Elite Up & Comer," (2007, 2011, 2014)
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," (2009-17)
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Central Florida Metro Orlando YMCA
- Past Member, Board of Directors, After School All Stars
- Past Member, Board of Directors, PACE Center for Girls
- The Florida Bar, 2001