Richard B. Weinman
Richard Weinman is a shareholder in the firm’s litigation department and business practice departments. He practices mainly in the areas of commercial and business litigation, and matters involving contracts, creditor’s rights, businesses and real estate. Richard also focuses on helping businesses as their outside general counsel.
Richard’s clients include corporations and LLCs, their shareholders and members, as well as individuals and purchasers/sellers of real estate and business interests. Richard is particularly adept at identifying practical and efficient resolutions for his clients, without protracted and disruptive litigation. In cases where a resolution proved unavailable, he has successfully obtained judgments for plaintiffs or defended clients in numerous multi-million dollar legal actions in state, federal, bankruptcy and appellate courts throughout Florida.
Prior to rejoining the firm in 2009, Richard served as an officer and corporate counsel to a Fortune 500 company, where he managed litigation and provided general counsel to several of the company’s divisions. Before beginning his career, Richard served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, U.S. District Court judge. He was born in Winter Park, Florida.
- Stetson University’s College of Law (cum laude, 1999)
- Stetson University School of Business Administration (1999)
- University of Florida (1996)
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Mentor, Orange County Bar Association’s Attorney Mentoring Program
- Member, Winter Park Rotary Club
Awards & Recognition
- The Florida Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit